Home & Garden
Seasonal updates and advice
- MSU Extension News – Pest management advice for around your home.
- Gardening in Michigan
IPM for the Home
- E-2183: Reading a Pesticide Label, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- Interactive Pesticide Label, EPA, Office of Pesticide Programs
- Pest Control: Do it Yourself or Hire a Professional?, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Choosing a Pest Control Company, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- Pesticide Product Labeling System, EPA
- E-2725: What does a pesticide label say?, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- E-2760: Choosing a Pest Control Company, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- E-2771: Choosing a Lawn Care Company, MSU Pesticide Education Program
IPM for Household Pests
For information on how to bug proof your home against pests in stored products, general household, landscape and lawn, structures, and pests that are a health risk, go to Homeowner IPM Publications and Fact Sheets.
- Questions and Answers about Cockroaches, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Integrated Cockroach Management, MSU Extension
- Cockroach Control Manual, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- House Mouse Prevention and Control, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Rat Prevention and Control, Illinois Department of Public Health
- Controlling the Rat: A Community Effort, New York State Department of Health
- Head Lice Resources You Can Trust, University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension
- E-2976: Questions and Answers about Head Lice, MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite! (also available in Spanish and Arabic), Michigan Department of Community Health
- Michigan Manual for the Prevention and Control of Bed Bugs, Michigan Department of Community Health
- E-2971: Questions and Answers about Bedbugs, MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program
- E-2814: Molds in the Home, MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program
- E-2986: Questions and Answers about Fleas, MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Keep Pests Out Of Your Crawlspace With These Tips, Crawlspace Depot
- E-2778: Integrated Pest Management in the Home, MSU Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Plant & Pest Diagnostics at Michigan State University for help identifying and dealing with pests.
- Pest Management In and Around Structures, eXtension
- What You Need to Know About Pesticides and Your Health, Michigan Department of Community Health
IPM for Gardens and Landscapes
- Identifying weeds in nurseries and landscapes
- IPM scouting in herbaceous perennials
- IPM scouting in woody landscape plants
- Visit MSU Extension's Gardening in Michigan website for information to keep plants healthy and avoid pest problems.
Exotic Plant Pests in Michigan
- Spotted wing Drosophila
- Brown marmorated stink bug
- Multi-colored Asian lady beetle
- Garlic mustard
- Emerald ash borer
- Using Michigan native plants and ecosystems to produce win-win situations for agriculture, communities and the environment.
- Identify natural enemies that offer you biological control.
- MSU Extension’s Drought Resources
- MSU Extension Bookstore